Dallas Companion Animal Project is proud to partner with the City of Dallas and to serve as an assistance and support group for Dallas Animal Services.
1. DCAP is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to strengthening the connection between people and animals. DCAP has set up two dedicated funds to receive tax-deductible donations for Dallas Animal Services.
The Dallas Animal Services Fund is maintained to provide for Dallas Animal Services’ needs over and above what is included in the City budget. To make a donation to the DAS fund, visit our online donation page and look for “Dallas Animal Services Fund.”
The Dallas PETS (Pet Emergency Transition Services) Fund, was set up at the request of the City of Dallas in response to the outpouring of support from around the world for Bentley, Ebola patient Nina Pham’s dog. The City of Dallas has partnered with Dallas Companion Animal Project to establish this fund. The donations will help Bentley and other pets in similar emergency situations in the future.
To donate to either fund, visit the Donations page and choose the appropriate fund.
2. DCAP volunteers assist Dallas Animal Services as needed, with offsite adoption programs, outreach, special events, and more. If you’d like to volunteer, just complete the online application and we’ll be in touch!
3. DCAP programs help increase the number of lives saved at Dallas Animal Services by working to reduce keep pets in their homes, strengthen the human/animal bond, and reduce the number of animals entering the shelter. DCAP promotes the humane treatment of companion animals, pet adoptions, and responsible pet ownerships.
With your support DCAP has already provided for DAS:
- Four Computer On Wheels Rolling Charging Stations,
- Implementation Supplies for South Dallas Cares,
- Online Technology for Surveys, Transfer Partner Applications, and Volunteer Orientation and Photo Storage
- Go Pro camera for South Dallas Cares
- Go Pro camera for Adoption Program
- Amazon Fire for Volunteer Program
- Technology Consultants, Data Consultants, Behavioral Consultants, Operations Consultants
- Travel Expenses for Continuing Education Training for Staff at Regional and National Industry Conferences
- Computer Equipment & Supplies
- Promotional Items, Tshirts, and Fire Safety Stickers
- Staff Recognition & Awards
- Holiday Meals for Staff
- Supplies for Shelter Pet Enrichment Program
- Softball Team Sponsorship
- Heartworm Treatment for HW+ Dogs
- FIV/FELV Tests for Shelter Cats
- Bonuses for Contract Workers
- Photo Studio Supplies
- Insurance for Volunteer Program
- Volgistics Volunteer Management
- Food & Supplies for Clear The Shelters
- Community Cat Program Funding
- Vet Clinic Management Software
- Warranty for XRay Machine
- $20,000 toward BCG Consulting Group Study on Loose Dogs
- Public Service Announcements and Celebrity Endorsements
- Support for Staff Working Cruelty Seizures and Emergency Response
Don’t forget – we’re also providing the funding – thanks to Meadows Foundation – for Dallas Animal Services’ volunteer program.